Hendrik Consciencestraat 8
Do you have the courage to
open a dialogue when there is tension or conflict?
work on change through and with resistance?
make decisions with consideration and appreciation for minority voices?
work with rank and privilege in a group?
see differences as enriching?
... and develop your leadership in all this?
Then the deep democracy Level 1 training course is for you!
Deep democracy is an innovative method for dynamic dialogues, inclusive decision-making and creative conflict resolution.
You engage in dialogue instead of avoiding conflict. You guide people and organisations through transitions with resistance in mind. You empower leadership in yourself and your participants.
In deep democracy, you engage with a multitude of opinions, emotions, behaviours and experiences. In short, with the whole person. The method is based on an interdisciplinary approach of quantum physics, psychology, body work and spiritual wisdom.
It shapes transition processes and leads to multiple voices being expressed, inclusion and true participation. Deep democracy embraces an empowering vision in which I, you, we and the world are connected.
The Level 1 program provides the foundational knowledge and skills of deep democracy.
- You get to know all the basic tools for inclusive decision-making and conflict resolution, and we teach you the theoretical background with a very different perspective on groups and dealing with differences between people.
- You will learn to look at what is visibly happening within a group and how to ensure that what lives in the collective unconscious also has a place.
- You become aware of group dynamics and of the roles we and others take in a collective. You learn to work with resistance and you get to know methods that allow all voices to be heard in a conversation - including the quieter voice and the voice that thinks differently. You experiment with tools that allow you to give compliments and to tackle sensitive or tensive themes.
- And you will deepen your metaskills as a facilitator. This will result in increased effectiveness of your group facilitations.
What you may expect:
- Group dynamics based on process-oriented psychology;
- Understanding and working with resistance;
- Recognising, listening to, validating and including minority voices;
- Creative and effective decision-making;
- Experiencing the transformative power of conflict.
Date: Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 May 2023 - 9h30 - 17h00
Location: HUMMUS Mechelen, Hendrik Consciencestraat 8
Price: € 625 excl. VAT (KMO-portefeuille is possible (only in Dutch))
In return you will get:
- a valuable training
- access to documentation and images on the international website
- access to the HUMMUS learning platform
- a certificate
- twice a tasty and vegetarian lunch
- coffee and tea breaks
Trainers: Fanny Matheusen en Marijke Smeets